I have received many questions of mothers on how to decorate/design their kid’s bedroom with Feng Shui.
So, here are five tips:
- Make sure the headboard of the bed or the side of the bed is against a wall. This will give your little one a feeling of safety and care.
- Do not place the bed right under a window, a beam or in direct line with the door.
- Place the bed with the head towards one of his/her personal favourable directions. You can discover the personal directions here. Choose one of the four personal favourable directions. But always bear in mind tip 1 and 2!
- You can use brighter colours in a kid’s bedroom. Bright colours stimulate the creativity and development of your child. However, be careful. If your child is already very active, Yin (calmer) colours should be used.
- Keep the room decluttered. Ok, I know: this is a challenge in a kids’ room! But a decluttered bedroom is worth it. It gives your kid more peace of mind and provides better sleep – and also for you!
Copyright: Feng Shui and More – An Sterken©